1. What should I do if I think I might have coronavirus?
Medical professionals recommend calling your doctor first and inquire about getting tested. If you think you might have the virus, avoid going directly to your doctor’s office or local hospital in order to limit the chance of it spreading. If you are traveling away from home the same still applies, but also call EA+ as soon as possible to open a case. We will stay in touch with you during your recovery and once you have fully recovered and have tested negative to the virus we will work to arrange flights to get you home safely.
2. Where can I find information about the countries currently affected by coronavirus?
Visit the Center for Disease Cont and Prevention travel website for the most up-to-date information.
3. How does EA+ help during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are many ways EA+ can assist you during the current COVID-19 pandemic. Depending on your needs and situation*, EA+ can help in the following ways:
- Before a Trip: The EA+ in-house medical and security experts continue to closely monitor COVID-19 while curating and sharing the most credible information. Call EA+ before you depart on your trip to receive the latest information and intelligence on your destination.
- On a Trip: If you are traveling abroad and are quarantined and having difficulty with contacting the local diplomatic missions, contact the EA+ Global Security Team to help liaise with these parties.
- If you Become Ill on a Trip: if it is a medical emergency call 9-1-1, otherwise, contact EA+ 24/7 for help in locating a physician in the area that can administer a COVID-19 test (if available). Additionally, if you become hospitalized, EA+ can assist with emergency medical monitoring and coordinating emergency medical transportation. After a negative COVID-19 test has been produced, EA+ can assist with return home services.
*This is only an outline of the plan’s features. Hospitalization (admitted as an inpatient) is a requirement to be eligible for some services. All services must be arranged and provided by EA+. Please read your Member Guide carefully to understand all the services available to you, as well as any rules and regulations.
4. I’m not planning to travel any time soon, what’s the benefit of an EA+ membership?
An EA+ membership protects you on any trip you take for a full year. Not just international or cross-country vacations but smaller trips too, like visiting your family in the next town over or a long weekend get-away. You’d be amazed at the number of medical emergencies we cover for members who just wanted a weekend getaway. Emergencies can happen anywhere, anytime and EA+ is here during your entire year of membership to assist in any way needed.